Duke's Program in Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Our small class size creates a highly personalized learning environment for our students. We offer several options for teacher certification:
- For Undergraduates: We offer a Minor in Education, and two teacher preparation programs (Elementary and Secondary Education) that lead to licensure in North Carolina and beyond. Service learning and field experiences are a foundation of all our programs.
- For Graduate Students: We offer a year-long Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree that explores the most exciting and challenging questions in education research and practice.
- For In-Service Teachers: We offer a non-degree Academically/Intellectually Gifted add-on licensure program.
- For our Teacher Preparation Programs' 2018-2019 Graduate Profile, click here.
- For our completer impact data, click here.
- Duke EPP Title II Data
- 2018-2019 State of the Teaching Profession in North Carolina
- Pursuant to Statue 115C-269.55, non-compliance of specific laws and rules associated with Duke’s Educator Preparation Programs can be reported using this form.