ICLSTE e-Learning Community
Welcome to the Teacher Education and Service-Learning e-Learning Community for Learn and Serve America Higher Education grantees and other teacher education programs interested in service-learning. The e-Learning Community website, sponsored by the International Center for Service-Learning in Teacher Education and housed in the Program in Education at Duke, hosts resources created for and developed by Learn and Serve-funded teacher education programs and national nonprofits. Additionally, participants will be able to access collaborative thinking and writing space, and review artifacts as projects develop.
What is an e-learning community?
We define a learning community as a group of learners who actively share a common interest or theme. Our teacher education and service-learning e-community will convene virtually – and, when possible, in person at national conferences and meetings – to learn from one another and to support collaborative professional development and practice. This page and posted resources are open to anyone interested in our project. Our collaborative space serves as our sandbox, drafting table, and studio for sharing ideas that need further development and refining. We welcome your questions and input! Based on best practices in e-learning and collaboration, our group utilizes a wide variety of web-based collaboration and training strategies. Join us to stay in touch!
How to Join
Participating Schools & Organizations
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Duke University Program in Education
- Georgia State University College of Education and Human Development
- Miami Dade College School of Education
- National Education Association
- Saint Paul's College
- The College of Saint Rose School of Education
- University of Nebraska at Omaha Service Learning Academy
- University of Southern Indiana Pott College of Science, Engineering and Education
- University of Vermont College of Education and Social Services